Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
All potential Federal Work Study Student Employees must be approved for and awarded Federal Work Study funding via the College of Alameda Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office maintains a pool of qualified individuals who are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy, but candidates may provide their application to this posting. To learn more about the Federal Work-Study Program, please visit: https://alameda.edu/services/financial-aid/financial-aid-programs/federal-work-study/
Reporting Supervisor: Saurav Pudasani
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
To provide support to the College of Alameda’s IT Department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Helpdesk (assigning, & routing tickets), and respond to the user’s ticket if under their expertise.
- Re-imaging/cloning and installation of desktops & laptops.
- Assist in inventorying all the IT equipment.
- Moving computers, printers, scanners, and other IT peripherals.
- Customer support (picking up helpdesk calls, making a note, and communicating with the seniors to let them know about service requests and issues.)
- Providing support in events that ask for AV support.
- Work closely with senior IT staff members to acquire additional technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Computer Info Systems major.
- Ability to view, read, hear, speak, reach overhead, above the shoulders, carry, push or pull and must be able to lift equipment up to 35 lbs.