Job Seeker Services
College of Alameda Career and Employment Center HOURS
Monday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Wednesday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
The College of Alameda Career and Employment Center offers job seekers and students a “mobile office”. Those seeking jobs or those who are looking to make a career change can visit us for the following amenities:
- Computer access and Internet use for updating resumes and conducting research
- Free copy, fax, and phone use for job searching
- Job leads
- Resource library
- Career exploration and labor market data
- Workshops in resume writing and job search strategies – please call for dates and times or look at our monthly calendar on the website
- Workshops in networking
- Access to hundreds of job announcements in the East Bay and beyond, many of which are only accessible through our facility
- Employer hiring events and job fairs
- Office Proficiency Assessment and Certification (including Typing) tests
Need More personal guidance?
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
The WIOA Program offers dislocated workers, low-income workers, and displaced homemakers competitive advantages through networking mixers, exclusive recruitment opportunities, specialized workshops, individualized career counseling, job placement, and paid on-the-job training. The program includes:
- One-on-one assistance (must be enrolled in WIOA)
- Job Search Workshop (must be enrolled in WIOA)
- Career assessments and career counseling (must be enrolled in WIOA)
This program will help define clear career goals and an employment plan. Participants will learn effective resume writing skills, interview techniques, how to search effectively for a job, and how to market their skills through networking events.
Welcome to our Job Postings page. As announcements come in, we regularly post new jobs that have been submitted by employers (Note: if you are an employer and you would like to post an announcement, please go to our Job Order page).
If you would like help with resume review, interviewing skills or other assistance, please come into one of our two centers, conveniently located on the College of Alameda and the Berkeley Adult School campus. Our centers are dedicated to assisting the student populations on the campuses we serve and we also welcome job-seeker customers from the general public. Walk-ins are encouraged! For more details, including hours of operation, contact information and address, please go to our Home Page.
Jobs Listed by Sector
Student Jobs / Internship / Volunteer
At the One Stop, we frequently receive job orders from employers who would like to hire students or who think that students would benefit from the opportunity more than other people. The job orders will be posted when we receive them. Please come by the One Stop if you are interested in the job and attend one of our workshops listed on our calendar which you can find at our Home page.
P: (510) 748-2208
Tiffany Ghoddoucy, Intake Specialist
Stefanie Bradshaw, Director of Workforce Systems