Chat w/ Librarian
Get instant answers to questions with a current Librarian.
Discover all the information needed with stored articles.
View our entire Library Catalog and information needed.
The Library is physically closed until summer but online Library services are available during the ONLINE ONLY
Library Services Hours listed below. Curbside Pick-up/Returns are also available (limited hours and by appointment only).
Library Service Hours for Spring:
(Jan. 25, 2021 – May 28, 2021):
Monday – Thursday: 7:50 am – 7:50 pm
Friday: 7:50 am – 3:50 pm
Covid Closure Update: The Library is physically closed until the summer. However, the following online Library services and Curbside Pick-up / Returns (Chromebooks, calculators, circulating books) are available during the semester:
- Online Reference via chat/email with a librarian. See below for Online Only Library Service Hours.
- Curbside Pick-up – During the campus closure, Chromebooks, calculators and books from the circulating collection are available through the COA Library Curbside Pickup/Returns service (limited hours and by appointment only). Textbooks are not available through curbside. CHROMEBOOK RENEWALS: Chromebooks checked out during Fall 2020 may be renewed via email (COALibrary@peralta.edu) for Spring 2021 but only after the student has enrolled for a Spring Peralta class.
- Free 24/7 ebooks and articles accessible through the Library databases
- Online Zoom Library instruction sessions can be scheduled by faculty using the Library Instruction Request Form
- Online Library Courses – the Library offers several credit bearing courses that teach information competency skills.
Returns: Return books in the book drop located on the exterior of the Library building to the left of the front doors. Any fines for overdue books will be waived on return. Chromebooks and calculators should not be returned in the book drop and instead must be returned by making a Curbside Pickup/Return appointment. CHROMEBOOK RENEWALS: Chromebooks checked out during Fall 2020 may be renewed via email (COALibrary@peralta.edu) for Spring 2021 but only after the student has enrolled for a Spring Peralta class.
To contact the Library during the closure (also see Online Library Service Hours below):
- For Reference help, use the online chat/email.
- For Circulation/Renewals help, email or call (510) 748-2120
- For Reserves/Textbooks, email or call (510) 748-2122
Want to learn how to find and cite books and articles? Take a Library course! LIS74 – Information Seeking Behavior is offered online at College of Alameda. LIS74 is a zero cost textbook course which means that all required texts for the class are available for free. To enroll, login to Passport and search for Library Information Studies classes.