Covid Closure Update: The Library is physically closed. However, the following online Library services and Curbside Pick-up / Returns (Chromebooks, calculators, circulating books) are available during the semester:
- Online Reference via chat/email with a librarian. See below for Online Only Library Service Hours.
- Curbside Pick-up – During the campus closure, Chromebooks, calculators and books from the circulating collection are available through the COA Library Curbside Pickup/Returns service (limited hours and by appointment only). Textbooks are not available through curbside.
- Free 24/7 ebooks and articles accessible through the Library databases
- Online Zoom Library instruction sessions can be scheduled by faculty using the Library Instruction Request Form
- Online Library Courses – the Library offers several credit bearing courses that teach information competency skills.
To contact the Library during the closure (also see Online Library Service Hours below):
Want to learn how to find and cite books and articles? Take a Library course! LIS74 – Information Seeking Behavior is offered online at College of Alameda. LIS74 is a zero cost textbook course which means that all required texts for the class are available for free. To enroll, login to Passport and search for Library Information Studies classes.
Online Library Service Hours
The Library is currently physically closed but online Library services are available during the ONLINE ONLY Library Services Hours listed below. Curbside Pick-up/ Returns are also available (limited hours and by appointment only).ONLINE ONLY Library Service Hours for Fall 2021:
(Aug. 23, 2021 – Dec. 17, 2021):
Monday – Thursday: 7:50 am – 7:50 pm
Friday: 7:50 am – 3:50 pm
- Monday Sept. 6th (Labor Day)
- Wednesday Oct. 20th (Staff Development Day)
- Thursday Nov. 11th (Veterans Day)
- Library closes at 3 pm Wednesday Nov. 24th
- Thurs.-Fri. Nov. 25th-26th (Thanksgiving Break)
- Library closes at noon Friday Dec. 17th