- For Library Hours see section below called Library Service Hours.
- For Chromebooks/Circulation/Renewals/Returns help, email or call (510) 748-2120
- For online Reference help chat/email with a librarian or use the Need Help button on any Library webpage.
- The Library does not have wi-fi hot spots but students can request a wi-fi hot spot from student services using their online request form.
- Free 24/7 ebooks and online articles accessible through the Library databases
- Library instruction sessions can be scheduled by faculty using the Library Instruction Request Form. For more on Library services for Faculty, see our For Faculty page.
- Online Library Courses – the Library offers several credit bearing courses that teach information competency skills.
Library Service Hours
Fall 2023 (Aug. 21 – Dec. 15):
The Library (first floor services) is physically open:
Friday: 8am – 3:50pm
Fall 2023 Holiday Closures:
Mon., Sept. 4th, (Labor Day)
Wed., Oct. 18th (Professional Development)
Fri., Nov. 10th (Veterans Day)
Thurs., Nov. 23th – Fri., Nov. 24th (Thanksgiving Break)
Fri., Dec. 15 (close at noon)
Sign up for a Library Course! Want to learn how to find and cite books and articles? LIS74 – Information Seeking Behavior is a class offered online at College of Alameda. LIS74 is a zero cost textbook course which means that all required texts for the class are available for free. To enroll, login to Passport and search for Library Information Studies classes.
Take a look at our new video tutorials posted on the COA Library’s YouTube Channel!