- For Library Hours see section below called Library Service Hours.
- Students and guests coming on campus should use the Campus Shield app to answer screening questions before entering the Library building and be prepared to provide proof of vaccination or a negative covid test taken within 72 hours.
- For Circulation/Chromebooks/Renewals/Returns help, email or call (510) 748-2120
- For online Reference help chat/email with a librarian or use the Need Help button on any Library webpage.
- The Library does not have hot spots but students can request a wi-fi hot spot from student services using their online request form.
- Free 24/7 ebooks and online articles accessible through the Library databases
- Online Zoom Library instruction sessions can be scheduled by faculty using the Library Instruction Request Form. For more on Library services for Faculty, see our For Faculty page.
- Online Library Courses – the Library offers several credit bearing courses that teach information competency skills.
Library Service Hours
Fall 2022 (Aug. 22 – Dec. 16):
- The Library (first floor services) is physically open:
Monday: 8am -7:50pm
Tuesday: 8:00 am – 3:50pm
Wednesday: 8am -7:50pm
Thursday: 8am – 3:50pm
Friday: 8am – 3:50pm
Fall Holiday Closures:
- Monday, Sept. 5 (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, Oct. 19 (Professional Day)
- Friday, Nov. 11 (Veterans’ Day)
- Thursday, Nov. 24 and Friday, Nov. 25 (Thanksgiving Recess)
- Friday, Dec. 16 (closes at noon)
Sign up for a Library Course! Want to learn how to find and cite books and articles? LIS74 – Information Seeking Behavior is a class offered online at College of Alameda. LIS74 is a zero cost textbook course which means that all required texts for the class are available for free. To enroll, login to Passport and search for Library Information Studies classes.
Take a look at our new video tutorials posted on the COA Library’s YouTube Channel!