- For Library Hours see section below called Library Service Hours.
- For Chromebooks/Circulation/Renewals/Returns help, email or call (510) 748-2120
- For online Reference help chat/email with a librarian or use the Need Help button on any Library webpage.
- The Library does not have wi-fi hot spots but students can request a wi-fi hot spot from student services using their online request form.
- Free 24/7 ebooks and online articles accessible through the Library databases
- Library instruction sessions can be scheduled by faculty using the Library Instruction Request Form. For more on Library services for Faculty, see our For Faculty page.
- Online Library Courses – the Library offers several credit bearing courses that teach information competency skills.
Library Service Hours
During Spring Intersession, the Library building is closed
hours. Students enrolled in Spring Intersession can check out
Chromebooks/library materials through our locker pick-up/return service.
To request materials, email email@example.com. In the email,
students should provide their name and student id#. Emails must come
from the student’s Peralta email address.
Summer 2023 (Jan. 20 – July 27):
The Library (first floor services) is physically open:Monday: 10am -2pm Tuesday: 10am -2pm Wednesday: 10am -2pm Thursday: 10am -2pm
Summer 2023 Holiday Closures:
Tue., July 4th, (Fourth of July)
Sign up for a Library Course! Want to learn how to find and cite books and articles? LIS74 – Information Seeking Behavior is a class offered online at College of Alameda. LIS74 is a zero cost textbook course which means that all required texts for the class are available for free. To enroll, login to Passport and search for Library Information Studies classes.
Take a look at our new video tutorials posted on the COA Library’s YouTube Channel!