To schedule a library instruction session, please fill out the Library Instruction Form online or fill out a print form in-person at the COA Library Reference Desk. For questions, contact the librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faculty can request a librarian led instruction session for online and in-person classes. These sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstration and hands-on use of the library’s catalog and article databases.
- Discussion and demonstration of how to evaluate sources and cite sources.
Instructors must be present during library instruction sessions (including online sessions). The Library requests a minimum of one week’s notice to schedule instruction. A librarian will contact the instructor via email in 3-5 working days to officially schedule the library instruction session.
Other Library Services for Faculty
- Embed a librarian in your Canvas shell to provide research support for your online students. To get started, please fill out a Library Instruction Form online and answer yes to the question asking if you would like an embedded librarian. Once you have been assigned a librarian for an online orientation, you may request that the librarian be added to your Canvas shell. There may be limited spots available.
- Instructions For COA Faculty: How to Embed COA Library Materials/Services and OER materials (Open Education Resources, free no-cost) into Canvas
- Creation of customized library assignments.
- Development of Library research guides for a class, topic or specific assignment.
- Assistance locating free online library sources and incorporating them into your online courses. Instructions For COA Faculty: How to Embed COA Library Materials/Services and OER materials (Open Education Resources, free no-cost) into Canvas
- Reserve copies of textbooks. Place copies of your textbook on Reserve using the COA Library Reserves Material Form.
- If you don’t already have an account to check out materials, request one by submitting the Library Account Registration Form– this form is only for current COA faculty and staff.
To learn more about these services, please contact the Reference librarians.