Faculty can schedule to a librarian led Zoom instruction session. Only online sessions will be available while the Library is closed due to COVID. These sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstration and hands-on use of the library’s electronic and/or print resources.
Discussion and demonstration of how to evaluate sources and cite sources.
Other Services for Faculty
- Embed a librarian in your Canvas shell to provide research support for your online students. To get started, please fill out a Library Instruction Request Form. Once you have been assigned a librarian for an online orientation, you may request that the librarian be added to your Canvas shell. There may be limited spots available.
- Instructions For COA Faculty: How to Embed COA Library Materials/Services and OER materials (Open Education Resources, free no-cost) into Canvas
- Creation of customized library assignments.
- Development of Library research guides for a class, topic or specific assignment.
- Assistance locating free online library sources and incorporating them into your online courses. Instructions For COA Faculty: How to Embed COA Library Materials/Services and OER materials (Open Education Resources, free no-cost) into Canvas
- Reserve copies of textbooks. Place copies of your textbook on Reserve using the COA Reserve Materials Form. Not available during the Covid closure.
- If you don’t already have an account to check out materials, request one by submitting the Library Account Registration Form– this form is only for current COA faculty and staff.
To learn more about these services, please contact the Reference Desk.