Concurrent Enrollment

If you’re a high school or pre-high school students, you may enroll at College of Alameda (CoA) as a special part-time student, in accordance with California Education Code. Enrollment must be recommended by your principal, and you’ll also need parental consent and approval by College of Alameda. If your high school counselor recommends that you enroll in more than six units, you must also have the approval of the CoA Vice President of Student Services.

  1. Complete the High School Special Enrollment form with your high school counselor, including the classes you wish to take. Submit completed form, with your high school transcript attached, to the Counseling Department in Building A
  2. Apply Online for Admission. Choose “College of Alameda.”
  3. Complete Mandatory Online Orientation, logging in with your 8-digit Peralta Student ID#. Print out or take a photo of your certificate of completion.
  4. If you wish to take English or math classes, you must complete Placement (English or math) with a College of Alameda Counselor. If you wish to take ESOL classes, you must complete the ESOL Assessment.
  5. Get Student Photo ID Card. Bring a valid photo ID and your current class schedule as proof of enrollment to the Welcome Center, A101.
  6. Pay Your Fees to the Cashier, Building A. (Special part-time high school students are exempted from paying the California Community College Enrollment Fee but are responsible for other campus fees.)
  7. Begin Classes!