How can I learn more about Articulation Agreements?

CoA maintains written articulation or course transfer agreements with many colleges and universities. These agreements are approved by the transfer college faculty and specify how courses will be accepted at the transfer institution. Students who wish to transfer need to become familiar with articulation agreements found on the many websites listed below (note: transfer students are strongly advised to speak with a CoA counselor and visit the Transfer Center):

ASSIST (Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer) is the official repository of transfer information for California’s public college and universities. ASSIST maintains current articulation agreements that identify which courses can be applied for elective, general education and major preparation credit when a student transfers from a California Community College to a CSU or UC campus. The ASSIST website offers easy access to a single database.

  • CSU General Ed Advising Sheet

Of the 48 total semester units needed to complete the CSU General Education-Breadth requirements, 39 lower division units can be completed at COA. The remaining 9 units must be completed in upper-division coursework at the CSU campus. CCSF courses that have been approved for meeting the lower division general education requirements for all California State University campuses can be found on ASSIST. This information has also been summarized on the CSU General Ed Worksheet.

  • IGETC Advising Sheet

Transfer students can follow the IGETC curriculum to satisfy lower-division general education requirements at the CSU or many colleges in the UC system (generally not advised for Engineering or high-unit science majors). CoA courses that have been approved for IGETC can be found on ASSIST. This information has also been summarized on the IGETC Worksheet.

  • Private or Out-of-State Articulation

Information on how CoA courses transfer to private or out-of-state colleges and universities can be found on the Other Colleges page of the articulation website. The Articulation with CoA link connects to articulation agreements with private institutions in California, as well as public and private colleges outside of California.