This is a back-up page for temporary remote access to the Library webpage with a generic account that will only be available through Nov. 2021.
Databases with Scholarly Articles:
- Gale Academic OneFile Select **Formerly Expanded Academic ASAP
- Academic Search Complete **Formerly Academic Search Premier Complete
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Science in Context
- MasterFILE Premier Complete
- Communication and Mass Media Complete
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- Overdrive – use current Peralta email account to login.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Springer eBook Collection On-Campus Only – science/technology medicine (published 2005-2012)
- Gale Onefile News – **Formerly InfoTrac Newsstand
- Regional Business News
- Newspaper Source Plus
- New York Times (Individual Login Only) – Use a computer to sign up for a free online account to NY Times online. Go to www.NYTimes.com/Pass and click on “Create Account.” Please note: an @peralta.edu email address is required to successfully log-in. Click here for detailed instructions on creating a free personal account with the NYT. Once your account is set-up, you can login
- Films on Demand -Choose from more than 20,000+ educational titles in dozens of subject areas. For filtered search capabilities access the database from on-campus.
- ATTN FACULTY – follow these instructions to embed Films on Demand offerings into your Canvas course.
- Kanopy over 26,000 documentaries, feature films and training videos touching on a wide range of topics. *Faculty Requests only– see Kanopy Collection Development Policy.
Information about Authors and Books:
- Literature Resource Center (includes Contemporary Authors, Contemporary Literary Criticism Select and the Dictionary of Literary Biography)
- Books in Print
- Magill On Literature
Arts and Humanities:
Apparel Design and Merchandising:
- Women’s Wear Daily Website (WWD, Annual) – On-campus access can view all content published in the last year. Off-campus access or Digital Daily subscription requires registering, and logging in with created account info. to view all content. A Peralta email is required for registration. 2 seat max for WWD.com (there is no usage threshold for the Digital Daily access).
- Women’s Wear Digital Daily Email – An email subscription to WWD’s Digital Daily requires registering and logging in with created account info. A Peralta email is required for registration. The Digital Daily email you receive (the first business day after registration) will contain links to both a pdf, and an e-reader version of the day’s Digital Daily. The e-reader requires your login, the pdf does not. Please click here for a short video which includes tips on how to best utilize the E-reader environment. eReader Tip: Be sure to watch until the end of the video, for how to view previous issues from the past 6 months, via the archive icon in the top right on the toolbar.
- Women’s Wear Digital Daily via WWD.com– For now, if you click on the DD icon/red arrow in top right corner of WWD.com, it takes you to a page where you can have the DD (Digital Daily) resent to your email address. This will only work if you have already registered. However, WWD has assured us that the Digital Daily will eventually be viewable directly from the WWD.com website in the coming months. We will let you know when that feature is released.
Health and Environment:
- Alt HealthWatch
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
Careers and Education:
Business, Law and Government: