Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
All potential Federal Work Study Student Employees must be approved for and awarded Federal Work Study funding via the College of Alameda Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office maintains a pool of qualified individuals who are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy, but candidates may provide their application to this posting. To learn more about the Federal Work-Study Program, please visit: https://alameda.edu/services/financial-aid/financial-aid-programs/federal-work-study/
Reporting Supervisor: Jackie Vo, Financial Aid Officer
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
To provide general office support to financial aid staff to achieve the office goal to provide accurate, timely financial aid services to College of Alameda students. Students will learn the basic flow of the financial aid process, the role and responsibilities of the financial aid office in determining student eligibility, as well as gain fundamental knowledge of financial aid in order to assist peers with general inquiries, financial aid information, and applications. The student will learn a variety of job skills while working on various projects, such as self-management, communication, problem-solving, and assorted technology skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists students regarding financial aid procedures & processes.
- Maintains and organized financial aid records and files.
- Assist with student financial aid file retrieval and creation.
- Assist with a large volume of outgoing correspondence to students.
- Prepare student Financial Aid Appeals for Appeal Committee.
- Assist the Financial Aid Supervisor on various projects and prepare reports.
- Assist staff in conducting financial aid hands-on workshops.
- Assists students via Zoom to assist in completing FAFSA/Dream Act Applications.
- Assist in creating or updating flyers and other office/student materials, copy and assemble material packets for distribution.
- Assist staff to monitor inventory of supplies and printed material.
- Assist staff to maintain a clean and safe working area, and maintain secure office.
- Maintains office equipment such as fax machines, copying machines, personal computers, and printers.
- Maintains email account and voicemails, forwards to staff for a response.
- Assists staff with social media campaigns; create posts; and download reports on campaigns.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Must be able to file alphabetically and accurately.
- Ability to be an effective communicator.
- Demonstrates the ability and willingness to learn.
- Familiar with social media.