Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
All potential Federal Work Study Student Employees must be approved for and awarded Federal Work Study funding via the College of Alameda Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office maintains a pool of qualified individuals who are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy, but candidates may provide their application to this posting. To learn more about the Federal Work-Study Program, please visit: https://alameda.edu/services/financial-aid/financial-aid-programs/federal-work-study/
Reporting Supervisor: Drew Gephart
Location: Hybrid (Part Remote, Part In-Person)
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
Student employee will work with the International Services Manager to organize content for newsletters, announcements and flyers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Will assist the International Services Manager and the Office of
International Education by:
- Creating flyers
- Promote international programs to other students
- Assisting with newsletter creation, and international conversations
- Skills in Microsoft Word
- Strong communication skills
Tools & Equipment Provided by Employee:
Employee will need reliable internet and a computer.
- occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and
- climbing stairs
- occasional lifting and carrying up to 15 lbs.
- occasional pushing and pulling up to 20 lbs.
- occasional twisting of body
- occasional use of manual dexterity
- occasional use of tactile acuity
- occasional use of visual acuity from a distance, with depth, and for
- frequent work at a rapid pace
- frequent reaching, high, low, and level
- frequent audio acuity at all ranges, including speech
- frequent visual acuity for reading
- constant sitting
- constant use of clear oral communication
- flexibility or ability to respond to multiple demands
Academic year, based on availability of funds and student’s financial aid eligibility.