Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
All potential Federal Work Study Student Employees must be approved for and awarded Federal Work Study funding via the College of Alameda Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office maintains a pool of qualified individuals who are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy, but candidates may provide their application to this posting. To learn more about the Federal Work-Study Program, please visit: https://alameda.edu/services/financial-aid/financial-aid-programs/federal-work-study/
College of Alameda’s mission is to meet the educational needs of its multicultural and diverse community by providing excellent comprehensive and flexible programs including basic skills, transfer, and occupational, which will enable each student to achieve their own unique goals. The College is California’s only island-based community college, and it offers both park-like tranquility and easy access to urban resources. Having served almost half a million day, evening, and weekend students since its 1970 founding, the College of Alameda enjoys a well-deserved reputation for excellence in its academic, vocational, and student support programs. The College of Alameda is proud of its strong ties to the City of Alameda and is recognized for its strong partnerships with the local business community.
Location: Counseling Department (Welcome Center)
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
Student employees will work with the Counseling Office in order to provide general administrative support and assistance in front desk duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as receptionist/first point of contact for the Counseling Office
- Schedule appointments for general counseling.
- Provide administrative support, including answering phones and greeting visitors.
- Answer basic questions and show students and prospective students how to access and use online services.
- Able to manage stress and remain professional under pressure.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Literate.
- occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and
- climbing stairs
- occasional lifting and carrying up to 15 lbs.
- occasional pushing and pulling up to 20 lbs.
- occasional twisting of body
- occasional use of manual dexterity
- occasional use of tactile acuity
- occasional use of visual acuity from a distance, with depth, and for
- frequent work at a rapid pace
- frequent reaching, high, low, and level
- frequent audio acuity at all ranges, including speech
- frequent visual acuity for reading
- constant sitting
- constant use of clear oral communication
- flexibility or ability to respond to multiple demands
Academic year, based on the availability of funds and student’s financial aid eligibility.