Employment Type: Federal Work-Study
All potential Federal Work Study Student Employees must be approved for and awarded Federal Work Study funding via the College of Alameda Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid Office maintains a pool of qualified individuals who are eligible to participate in the Federal Work-Study Program. At this time there may not be an immediate vacancy, but candidates may provide their application to this posting. To learn more about the Federal Work-Study Program, please visit: https://alameda.edu/services/financial-aid/financial-aid-programs/federal-work-study/
Reporting Supervisor: Jennifer Sanoh
Location: Student Accessibility Services Main Office (D-117)
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
Assist with program clerical support and work with College to Career staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Data entry
- Assist students with filling out documentation
- Provide clerical support
- Attend College to Career staff meetings
- Cover the front desk
- Answer and make phone calls
- Provide classroom support
- Work with students one on one
- Maintain a clear workspace
- Customer service experience
- Basic spreadsheet and typing experience
- Basic internet search
- Flexible and able to be self-directed once trained
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, standard office machines, office supplies, notebook if needed, hand sanitizer, face mask.
Academic year, based on the availability of funds and student’s financial aid eligibility.