What documentation do I need to provide to apply for my Veteran’s Educational Benefits?

Chapter 30 Montgomery G.I Bill®: Application form 1990 and a copy of form DD214 discharge paper (member 4 copy only) that indicates discharge from service and a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility.

Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill®: A copy of Certificate of Eligibility, and a copy the DD214 member 4 that indicates an discharge from service.

Chapter 35 for Dependents: Dependent children need to provide a copy of their birth certificate if completing an application in our office, or a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility with the full VA File Number as issued to the student from Dept. of Veterans Affairs.

Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve: Reservists are required to bring in a “Notice of Basic Eligibility” (NOBE) that can be obtained from their reserve or National Guard unit or a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility.

Chapter 1607 (REAP): Military Reservists will be informed by the Department of Veteran Affairs what their benefit package will be. Military Reservists will be eligible for this benefit as long as they continue to be in the Active Reserves.

“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.”