Fund for Cultural Activities and Programs
Student Activities & Campus Life Office Hours
Due to the Shelter-in-Place Order, all programs and services are available remotely. Please contact the Student Activities and Campus Life office during regular business hours.
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The fund for Cultural Activities and Programs is for members of the campus community to propose co-curricular activities in one of the following areas:
- On campus cultural event that enhances the cultural and intellectual experience of the CoA community
- An activity that promotes parity in educational outcomes (i.e., equity) for historically marginalized student populations at CoA.
To be considered for funding, applicants must submit an application and budget before the application deadline. Grant application deadlines fall on the last Monday of September, November, January, and March.
For Activities Starting on this Date or Later
- The committee typically awards grants ranging from $250 to $1000 (depending on available funding).
- All activities must take place on the College of Alameda campus.
- Only College of Alameda faculty, staff, departments, programs and student organizations may apply.
- Student Organizations must be a registered organization with the Office of Student Activities and Campus Life
- Funding will not be awarded for on-campus activities organized by members of the public, businesses and/or organizations from off-campus.
- Funds may not be used to send individuals or groups on tours or to support events that are primarily components of academic courses.
- Grants will not fund College of Alameda and/or PCCD employee wages (includes student employees).
- Proposals for events that have already occurred will not be eligible for funding. Applicants should plan accordingly so that requests are submitted in a timely manner.
- Funds are non-transferable. If your event is cancelled, you do not receive the funding.
- If funding is approved for your program, you will be required to submit a short post-event summary and photos for the committee’s records. This summary should include the attendance at the event, whether or not the goals of the event were met and any other details you’d like to share. The post-event summary should only be one to two paragraphs.
- The Committee will meet no later than two weeks after the grant proposal deadline to discuss and award funding for the grant proposals.
- Applicants may attend the Committee’s meetings to discuss their proposal at the committee’s discretion.
- Due to limited resources, the number of grant proposals received, and the total amount of funding requested, awards may be granted at a lower level than was requested.
Notice of Award:
- Applicants will receive notification from the Director of Student Activities no later than a week following the meeting the grant proposals were reviewed.
- All promotional materials for funded events must acknowledge support from the Fund for Cultural Activities and Programs. This event is supported in part by a grant from Student Equity and Achievement.
- It is the responsibility of the requesting department/group or individual to ensure purchases, contracts, etc., are completed in compliance with College and District policies and procedures. Requestor is also responsible for keeping track of expenses. Payments will only be approved up to the original grant amount.
Interim Director of Student Activities and Campus Life
P: (510) 748-2327
L: Building F, Room 217