Return books in the book drop located on the exterior of the Library building, to the left of the front doors. Any fines for overdue books will be waived on return. Chromebooks and calculators should not be returned in the book drop and instead must be returned by appointment (send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
COA Library Curbside Pickup
During the campus closure, Chromebooks, calculators and circulating books are available for Curbside Pick-up/Returns (limited hours, by appointment only). Textbooks are not available for curbside.
Instructions for COA Curbside Pick-up / Returns (for Chromebooks, calculators and circulating books):
Step 1 – Place a Hold (by sending an email to email@example.com)
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include: Student ID#, your name and the item(s) you wish to borrow.
- You will be notified via email when your request is ready for pickup.
- Notifications will be sent when the staff are onsite for curbside (very limited hours).
- The notification will include a window of time when we are offering pickup appointments.
Step 2 – Reply to the 1st Notification with your Availability
- Reply to the message with your availability within the time windows included in the notification.
- After you reply with your availability, we will email you a specific appointment time with instructions for pick-up.
Step 3 – Reply to 2nd Notification (that includes an appointment time) to Confirm that You Can Make the Scheduled Appointment
- Please reply to the 2nd notification that contains a specific appointment time in order to confirm that you can make this pick-up time. If you don’t reply within 7 days, your hold may be cancelled.
- If you are unable to make this pick-up time, email email@example.com to request a different pick-up time.
Pick up Your Hold at the Library (at your scheduled appointment time)
- Arrive at the Library during your scheduled pickup time (instructions/directions are included in the 2nd notification email).
- Follow instructions on Library signage located in the COA Library Curbside Pick-up area to call and let us know that you have arrived. (more details will also be included in specific appointment notification email that we send you when we set your appointment time).
- Remember to bring a cell phone, student ID or photo ID, and wear a mask.
Renewals: to renew an item send the request via email to COALibrary@peralta.edu.
CHROMEBOOK RENEWALS: Chromebooks checked out during Fall 2020 may be renewed via email (COALibrary@peralta.edu) for Spring 2021 but only after the student has enrolled for a Spring Peralta class.
See Library Services & Staff, for additional Circulation Policies.
Books may be returned to the book drop which is located on the exterior of the Library, to the left of the front doors.
Chromebooks and calculators should not be returned in the book drop. Contact COALibrary@peralta.edu to set up an appointment for returning these items.
- Login to Chromebooks using your Gmail account info.
- If you don’t want to sign in, you can “browse as a guest”–that icon should be on the bottom of the screen once you’ve set up everything else.
- Chromebooks are reset and sanitized when returned.
In order to ease your concerns about using library materials, we have been taking the following steps to ensure the safety of students and staff:
Preliminary research suggests that the virus is not detectable on library materials after 96 hours.
Staff is wearing face coverings, frequently washing hands, disinfecting surfaces and practicing social distancing.
When we receive materials, they sit for 96 hours before being handled by staff. They have been cleaned and disinfected prior to being checked out to you. Items will be cleaned and disinfected again, once returned. Do not use bleach products on Chromebooks because it damages the screen.
We are limiting the number of staff who handle the items you have requested.
If you have concerns about handling items from the Library, you can simply leave them in the bag for 96 hours.