I am a returning student. How do I maintain my VA Benefits?

To receive timely payments, each semester you are enrolled at the College of Alameda, you must submit your Schedule of Classes to VA Certifying Official La Shawn Brumfield in the VRC

Remember: To be certified for VA payment, all classes must be on your Student Education Plan. To revise your Education Plan, please meet with the Veterans counselor, Jamar Mears

A veteran student who is on academic probation for two consecutive semesters shall be subject to discontinuance of VA benefits if the student earned a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 (“C” grade). This directive is separate and apart from the college’s standards for academic dismissal.