The Peralta Community College District is committed to equal opportunity in educational programs, employment, and access to all institutional programs and activities.
Administrative Procedure 3410 Non-discrimination
I. Educational Programs and other Services
The District shall provide access to its services, classes and programs without regard to, national origin, religion, age, sex or gender, gender identification, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
- A. All classes, including credit, noncredit and not-for-credit, shall be conducted without regard to the gender of the student enrolled in the classes. As defined in the Penal Code, “gender” means sex, and includes a person’s gender identity and gender-related appearance and behavior whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth.
- B. The District shall not prohibit any student from enrolling in any class or course on the basis of gender.
- C. Academic staff, including but not limited to counselors, instructors and administrators shall not offer program guidance to students which differs on the basis of gender.
- D. Insofar as practicable, the District shall offer opportunities for participation in athletics equally to male and female students.
The District shall provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, gender identification, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
- A. All employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, retention, assignment, transfer, evaluation, dismissal, compensation, and advancement for all position classifications shall be based on job-related criteria as well as be responsive to the District’s needs.
- B. The District shall provide timely professional and staff development activities and training to promote understanding of diversity.
Report Concerns of Discrimination or Harassment
P: (510) 748-2205
L: Room A103
P: (510) 748-2326
P: (510) 748-2205