What is an EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs Academic Progress Report?
- The EOPS/ARE/CalWORKs Academic Progress Report is a form you bring to your instructors to complete so you may find out how you are doing in your classes so far.
- The progress report lets you see if you are on track in the class, or if you need additional help and attention to finish the course successfully.
- You must hand in the completed form to the EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs office on, or before the established due date.
Where do I get a progress report?
- You may pick up the progress report form at the EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs office or you may download it during the Academic progress report period.
What if I haven’t had any tests or quizzes yet?
- If your instructor indicated that they cannot provide a letter grade evaluation of your progress, ask them to provide a letter grade assessment based on your attendance and class participation.
What about online classes?
- Email your instructor and ask them to email you the grade you are receiving in the class so far. Then print the email and attach it to the progress report
- If the course use Canvas, you may print a copy of that page and attach it to the progress report.
What if I’m not doing well in my classes?
- If one of your instructors indicates you are not earning a passing grade so far, you must see your counselor as soon as possible.
- Your counselor will provide resources and help you strategize on how to improve your performance in the course.
What if I do not hand in a progress report?
- Handing in an academic progress report is one of the responsibilities that you agreed to when you joined EOPS and signed the Mutual Responsibility Contract.
- Failure to return a completed academic progress report may render you ineligible for the following semester’s EOPS book grant.
For more information, visit or contact the EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs office:
EOPS/CARE/CalWORKs Department is located in Building A-111. Call (510) 748-2218 for further information.