AB 540, AB 2000, SB 68 and California Dream Act

If you are considered a “non-resident” student in California looking to go to college or access higher education, you will pay much higher tuition fees than resident students. In order to pay in-­state tuition, the college must determine that you are a California resident for tuition purposes, or that you meet the eligibility to be exempt from non-­resident tuition through AB 540/AB 2000/SB 68.

Undocumented Student Resources

College of Alameda welcomes all students, regardless of immigration status! We want you to know that any information you provide to the school will be protected under federal and state law.California recognizes the important role immigrant communities play in our state.

At  College of Alameda, we are committed to your academic success and want to be sure you have all the information that you need to get the education you choose! There is support available to you on campus and within the community. Support is also available at our sister colleges: Berkeley City, Merritt College, and Laney College, as well as at other California colleges and universities.

As an undocumented student, at the College of Alameda, we can help you with the following

    • Noncredit Courses
      • Gain basic skills (English as a second language, reading, writing and mathematics skills,or art)
      • Get your High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
      • Meet eligibility requirements for in-state tuition requirements
    • Credit Courses
      • Receive specific skills and vocational training
      • Take college courses picture here  
      • Get your Associate’s degree or certificate
      • Transfer to a four-year university OR
    • ALL of the above!
Grad Banner