Adapted Computer Learning Center
Student Accessibility Services HOURS & Location
Monday – Friday:
8:00-4:00 (hours may vary through June-July)
Scheduled Summer 2021 Services Closures: July 5 (Independence Day – observed)
Location: SAS Main Office (D117)
The Adapted Computer Learning Center offers:
- Instruction in Adapted Computer Technology for students with disabilities.
- Cognitive Skills Retraining for students with acquired brain injuries or learning disabilities.
Purpose of the Center
- To provide access to adaptive computer systems for persons with disabilities.
- To work with students who have acquired brain injury or learning disabilities to improve their cognitive skills.
- To assist students in the transition to college-level academic and vocational classes.
Technology Available in the Adapted Computer Learning Center
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (user speaks in phrases as results are displayed on the screen)
- Inspiration (software for brainstorming and displaying concepts in a mind map format)
- JAWS (screen reading software)
- Kurzweil 3000 (scan and read software to assist persons with reading difficulties)
- ZoomText (screen enlargement program)
- As well as a variety of cognitive skills software used in the Improving Cognitive Skills class.
Alternative Keyboards/Input Devices
Large Print Keyboards
Devices for Students with Visual Disabilities
- Tactile Graphics Toaster
- Adjustable Chairs and Tables
- Big Keys Plus
- High-Speed Scanner
- Network Laser Printers
Full Internet Access
During the COVID-19 campus closure services are available remotely.
Michelle Custino, Adapted Computer Technician, Alt Media
Phyllis Tappe, Part-Time Cognitive Skills Instructor
Vacant 2021 – Assistive Technology Instructor