Student/Parent Resources

On-Campus Resources

College of Alameda EOPS/CARE – CARE is available to EOPS students who are single parents receiving public assistance. CARE offers additional support services so students can transition from welfare dependency by securing the education, training, and marketable skills needed for self-sufficiency and upward social mobility. For more information and to apply for EOPS/CARE, go HERE

College of Alameda CalWORKS – CalWORKs at the College of Alameda can help students receiving public assistance, TANF get access to vital services such as work-study, job placement, childcare, curriculum development, skills training, and more.  For more information and to apply for CalWORKS, go HERE

Lactation Pod – Second Floor of F-Building/Student Center – for access, contact Natalie Rodriguez at


Off-Campus Community Resources:

First 5 California – California’s Parenting Website:

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) – the California WIC program helps families across the state by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods, and referrals to health care and other community services.  More information HERE

Alameda County Community Food Bank – Get referrals for groceries or hot meals now: Call the helpline at 510-635-3663, or visit

Dial 2-1-1 or visit: for help with Health, Housing, and Human Services in Alameda County.

CalFresh – Apply for food stamps in 10 minutes:

California Earned Income Tax Credit (CalEITC) – up to $3,417 for tax year 2022 as a working family or individual earning up to $30,000 per year. Check if you qualify HERE

Young Child Tax Credit (YCTC) – provides a credit up $1,083 per tax return for Californians who qualify for CalEITC and have a child under 6 years old. See overview HERE

our contacts

Kawanna Rollins
Acting Director of Student Activities and Campus Life

P: (510) 748-2327
L: Building F, Room 217