Associated Students of College of Alameda (ASCOA)
The Associated Students of College of Alameda (ASCOA) Senate exist to be a voice for students while providing activities and services that improve the student experience.
Student Activities & Campus Life Office Hours
Due to the Shelter-in-Place Order, all programs and services are available remotely. Please contact the Student Activities and Campus Life office during regular business hours.
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We are the campus student government association:
- Representing student concerns to administration
- Planning campus activities for your enjoyment
We are always looking for self-motivated, responsible students. To join our board. Serve on a campus committee. Or volunteer for an event.
Stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Student Center–F-212. And say hello.
Meetings Schedule & Location
Check back Fall 2021 for updated meeting scheduled.
Elections will be held Fall 2020 to elect new executive officers and senators.
Minutes & Agenda
Joining the ASCOA
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled in 5 semester units at College of Alameda
- Good standing with College and/or PCCD
- Students that have already served 3 years or 6 semesters on the ASCOA are not eligible
- Represent the students’ views in the shared governance process
- Opportunity to build leadership and public speaking skills
- A chance to expand your network and develop professional relationships.
- Travel to state and national leadership conferences representing College of Alameda students
- Gain experience and build your resume
- Scholarship opportunities
Senators are expected to:
- Attend weekly mandatory meetings. For the fall 2019 semester, meetings are every Friday from 12-1pm
- Complete a minimum of 4 office hours each week
- Serve on at least one campus committee
- Assist with planning ASCOA events and activities
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be expected
Director of Student Activities and Campus Life
P: (510) 748-2327
L: Building F, Room 217