The Distance Education Committee can be reached by email by contacting Distance Education Committee Chair, Richard Kaeser (email@example.com).
Mission and Responsibilities
The Distance Education Committee at College of Alameda is charged with reviewing and recommending policies, procedures, and practices to achieve academic excellence and success for online students.
The committee’s charge is to:
- Improve student persistence, retention, success and support services for online students
- Coordinate ongoing professional development and mentoring support for effective online teaching and learning
- Recommend policies, procedures and practices for effective online teaching and learning
- Evaluating student enrollment, student success and retention data to provide ongoing improvement in distance education.
- Exploring and recommending distance education conferences, grants, trainings, multi-college collaborations and other opportunities.
- Promoting and disseminating effective practices, trainings and workshops.
- Recommending policies, procedures and practices that align with state and federal distance education guidelines.
- Promoting equitable access in distance education.
- Advocating for resources and academic support services that improve outcomes for online students.
- Providing ongoing assessment of the learning management system.
- Participating on the District Distance Education Committee and/or other related participatory governance constituencies.
- Sharing distance education current events and issues with the college community.
Meeting Schedule and Location
Meetings: 3rd Wednesday of the month
|October 25, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 10, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 19, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 15, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 15, 2023||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 16, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 26, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 21, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 20, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 16, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 16, 2022||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 15, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 17, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 27, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 15, 2021||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 8, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 24, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 26, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 25, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 28, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 14, 2019||Agenda||Minutes|